[mythtv] Why allow conflicting bindings (was Re: "New" default keybindings)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Apr 27 14:45:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 07:01:48PM -0600, John P Poet wrote:
> One of the reasons I never formally submitted a ticket with my sub
> context patch, I could not figure out "where to stop".  In the version
> of the patch I have been using myself, I created:
>
> "TV Playback/DVD"
> "TV Playback/Live"
> "TV Playback/Rec"

Easy.  Just stop here for now.  Once the infrastructure is in place.
The other contexts can be addressed later.

> Then I re-ordered TV::ProcessKeypress, so it would try to match the
> keypress in one of those "sub-context" before trying the next level
> up, etc.

Of course.

> The other reason I never formally submitted a patch, is because of the
> need to add a section to dbcheck.cpp to fix the old keybindings.

I think it would just need to be a series of commands like the
following:

  UPDATE keybindings SET context='TV Playback/Live' WHERE
	context='TV Playback' AND action='CHANNELUP';

> I can work on all of this, but would need some input on what sub
> contexts to create.  I would also need help on deciding how the old
> keybinding should be mapped under the new scheme.

Get your previous patch current and we can go from there.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net