[mythtv] Could/should the shutdown command be kept locally?

Michał Sawicz michal at sawicz.net
Sun Apr 22 22:35:57 UTC 2007

Mark Knecht wrote:
>    I'm assuming that the shutdown command is being kept in the backend
> server. Should it or could it be kept in the frontend instead?

I believe you're saying that it is kept in the database - it is, but
frontends can't run without the db so there's no difference. You could
try to modify your boot params so that the frontend would try to start a
few times, and if failed, halt the machine... 'Though I'm not sure if
the frontend crashes when it can't connect to the db or does it just
assume that it's not configured yet...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał Sawicz