[mythtv] Help with keybinding not being recognised after patching source

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 14:38:14 UTC 2007

> Thanks for your help... I have had a quick look and you are right, the
> binding isn't making it into the DB I will look into it.

I have tried running mythfrontend -v all and can see the query to fetch the
bindings for PAUSE, STOP and all the original REG_KEY's from main.cpp but I
don't see a query for PLAY (the binding I added).

I have searched for other libmythmusic.so on my hdd and the only instances
are in the source tree and the install location, I have manually deleted the
installed version and run make install to ensure the latest built version is

- There is no keybinding for PLAY in the Music context.
- I have looked at the REG_KEY macro, it appears that it first tries to
fetch the keybinding for the registered  key and if it doesn't exist it then
sets the default value in the DB.
- As mentioned above I don't even see the first query to fetch the current
value of the keybinding when the frontend is run with -v all.
- I don't see the setting of the default keybinding either (assuming the
first query failed)
- I don't think the fact that the original keybindings are set should
matter, the test and set queries operate on individual key bindings.

Any further help would be appreciated (from anyone).