[mythtv] Help with keybinding not being recognised after patching source

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 14:56:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I thought that I would add a key binding for "Play" to Mythmusic, however I
am having some trouble.

I have added a REG_KEY("Music", "PLAY", "Play track", "Ctrl+P"); line to the
setupKeys(...) in main.cpp and added the behaviour for the PLAY action to
playbackbox.h.
After compiling mythtv and then mythplugins the key binding doesn't seem to
work and I don't see the new keybinding in Mythcontrol key editor.

Just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on why this didn't work and
where I should be looking? I have attached the changes I have made to this
email.

Cheers,

Roo.