[mythtv] Help with keybinding not being recognised after patching source

Micah Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 11:15:16 UTC 2007

On 4/22/07, Roo <roo.watt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Roo,

I thought that I would add a key binding for "Play" to Mythmusic, however I
> am having some trouble.
> I have added a REG_KEY("Music", "PLAY", "Play track", "Ctrl+P"); line to
> the setupKeys(...) in main.cpp and added the behaviour for the PLAY action
> to playbackbox.h.
> After compiling mythtv and then mythplugins the key binding doesn't seem
> to work and I don't see the new keybinding in Mythcontrol key editor.

You wouldn't see the binding in Mythcontrols if key binding isn't making it
into the database. However, REG_KEY (or MythMainWindow::RegisterKey) should
add the binding to the database if it isn't already in there, so I'm not
sure why it isn't added.

Just wondering if someone can give me a heads up on why this didn't work and
> where I should be looking? I have attached the changes I have made to this
> email.

A good place to start would be to figure out why they key binding it isn't
being added to the database.  REG_KEY just evaluates to
MythMainWindow::RegisterKey, so you might want to start by looking at what
happens with your added key in RegisterKey.

Good luck!
"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
--W. Stekel