[mythtv] virtual tuner via BitTorrent plug-in

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 01:24:25 UTC 2007

On 16/04/07, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Martin Long wrote:
> > However, I suppose that you could also say in the same light that
> > filesharing is not illegal, if it is not copyrighted material. :S
> >
> Yes, but right now, BitTorrent is socially synonymous with pirating.

I would similarly contend that, like it or not, ripping CDs and DVDs
falls into exactly the same category in the broader social environment
(a quick Google for 'dvd rip' seems to bear this out). Sony seem to
regularly break their discs for this reason...

However, I'm 100% against the specific premise of the plugin the OP
describes as it clearly invites breaching copyright law across most of
the world.

For useful and general functionality however, I'd love to have 1-click
downloads (P2P/RSS) of distributable media from with the frontend
client without having to currently rely on other scripts and
applications.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: