[mythtv] MythWeb's MythVideo problems

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 17:06:43 UTC 2007

On 4/15/07, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com> wrote:
> First i would like to say how i really like this rewrite. Since nobody wants
> to work with MythVideo inside Myth maybe now it will be possible to get some
> deasent functionality in MythVideo.

Thanks, I'm hoping to get this as useful as possable :)

> But now i have two small problems.
> The first is the treeview with all the video folders. It is pretty basic but
> it gets the work done. (would be nice to see it with some expandable
> branches in the future, instead of seeing all folders)
> Anyway, i have all my videos in /mnt/multimedia/videos. In my mythwebtree i
> first have "All videos" that shows all my videos independent of which folder
> they are in. And second i have /mnt/multimedia/videos.
> This one also shows all videos. Don't know if it should be like that. But it
> would be nice if it only showed the video files that i have in that folder,
> and not all videofiles in all folders. Already have "All videos" for that.
> Is this by design?

The main reason for this is you can have more the one mythvideo path,
seperated by :, so for example I have something like this
All Videos
/mnt/multimedia/videos
 TV
 Movies
/mnt/dvds
 Babylon 5
 Red Dwarf

As for limiting to the one folder, it's on the planned improvements.

> My second problem is imdb. In earlier versions i had no problem in getting
> the information from IMDB. But now i don't get the poster. And the only
> thing that updates is the time and IMDB number. The title don't get updated
> until i refresh the whole page.
> I'm no php programmer so i don't know what is wrong. But if i do a "echo
> 'Warning~:~'.$cmd;" after these two lines:
> // save the poster
> $cmd = $imdb.str_replace('%%NUMBER%%', $imdbnum, $options[$imdbwebtype]);
>
> i get:
> /usr/local/mythtv/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.plArrayUpdate
>
> So i had to replace the "$cmd =" with "$cmd = "$imdb -P $imdbnum";" to get
> the poster. I know this isn't a good solution, but it works for now for me.
> How to get the title to update with out a page refresh i don't know. Bit
> since time, imdb-number and poster(after my hack) get updated without a page
> refresh i guess it is possible to throw in the title also.

What svn revision? it's working fine for me. Did you go to the
settings page and click save to make sure the defalts were set
correctly? Also, the title should update with the rest without a page
refresh.

> /Stefan

~Rob