[mythtv] OSD Rendering Resolution

Will potsofdirt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 17:28:13 UTC 2007

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, however I was not able to find mention of it in the dev list.

One feature I would love is to have the OSD rendered at my screen resolution rather than the recording source resolution. I run a monitor (1600x1200 dfp) for my display and find the OSD to be quite fuzzy (source is 640x480). From what I have read the OSD is rendered at the same resolution as the source, so if I had HD content the OSD would look nicer.

I would like to try and play around with adding this feature, however I expect there is some technical detail holding it back. Does anyone have any insight into if this is possible, and if so, where would be a good place to start looking in the code.