[mythtv] Problems with channel scanning (DVB-C, PAL, Finland)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Sep 20 04:38:30 UTC 2006

HI!

Peter Martens wrote:

> I am also having problems with scanning dvb-c here in the Netherlands,
> as reported earlier.
> Importing channels.conf works but I am also not getting any EIT-data.
> Is there a way (that I can understand ;)) to get this data, eg. by
> adding some parameters to the database?

Yes, I did that. You can use w_scan to get the full data and then input
the missing transportid and networkid into the dtv_multiplex table.

Since mythtv-setup does not let you do that, you have to use for example
mysql command prompt or phpMyAdmin to do that.

For example, this is from w_scan:
ZDF:346000:M64:C:6900:110:120,121;125:130:0:28006:1:1079:0

transportid = 1079
networkid = 1

After you did that for each multiplex, you have to enable EIT scanning
for the Video Source and for each channel.

Thomas