[mythtv] Transcoding AC3/5ch and video sync

Jesse Crews jcrews at gridlox.net
Mon Sep 18 01:40:50 UTC 2006

Quoting Mark Spieth <mark at dclabs.com.au>:

> I have identified the problem but need to figure out a fix.
> need some way of telling avf that max channels is less.

Isn't avf giving us 2 channels?

> however transcode may transcode to ac3 which means leave as 6ch if 6ch so
> need some way of querying the nvr and telling nvp which passes it to avf.
> so in the mean while use 2ch mode for any backend/frontend combinations.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - the ATSC MPEG2 ts I get is 6ch, I
can't change this. Certain programs just have 6 channels, where others
have 2 (mostly the SD transfers on the HD transport). My
avformatdecoder has the maximum channels set to 2 (I changed nothing).

> frontend only machines are ok of course to leave as 6ch.
> assuming there are no other problems :)
> cheers
> mark

Now I'm just a little bit confused :) Am I missing something monumental here?