[mythtv] Transcoding AC3/5ch and video sync

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Mon Sep 18 01:11:37 UTC 2006

I have identified the problem but need to figure out a fix.
need some way of telling avf that max channels is less.
however transcode may transcode to ac3 which means leave as 6ch if 6ch so
need some way of querying the nvr and telling nvp which passes it to avf.
so in the mean while use 2ch mode for any backend/frontend combinations.
frontend only machines are ok of course to leave as 6ch.
assuming there are no other problems :)
cheers
mark