[mythtv] Sorting in mythvideo

Alexander Gretencord arutha at gmx.de
Sat Sep 16 20:01:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a small problem with mythvideo's sorting. I found the method
eatBraces() in metadata.cpp. Is it absolutely necessary to remove braces
or if it just cosmetic?

All my old movies (the ones I have from before installing myth) are
named like "[season-episode] TitleOfSeries - TitleOfEpisode". I would
really like to be able to watch episode 09-04 without knowing the name
of the episode :) Especially very handy if you are not living alone and
someone else is adding new episodes and you want to find the new episode
quickly (impossible with eatBraces, you have to go through _all_ the
episodes and look at the filename).

I guess the []-removal is fine, if you have a relatively unsorted
movie/series collection but for me it's a real pain :) For now I just
recompiled mythvideo without calling eatBraces('[', ']'). Does anyone
have a suggestion on how to best resolve this issue without disturbing
anyone that counts on myth removing braces? Or is it best to just store
the patch somewhere safe and reapply on new versions of myth?

Alex