[mythtv] Watch Recordings is slow with SVN on my Epia [Solved]

Daan de Beer mythdev at tiscali.nl
Wed Sep 6 11:37:50 UTC 2006

Hello All,

As advised, I profiled my system using OProfile, I recompiled MythTV with
the "profile" type. I also recompiled my Xorg-server with O2 (instead of Os)
and told Portage (I'm using Gentoo) not to strip the executables.

I created a strace and a profile report using OProfile. But while profiling I
immediately noticed that the problem is gone! I recompiled the xorg-server
using Os and the problem was back. So I again recompiled it using O2 and the
problem is gone. After that I recompiled Mythtv to be Release again and still
everything works.

So my problem is gone, I thought I would report this back, because other
people might benefit from this.

Regards,

Daan de Beer