[mythtv] MythMusic visualizer - AlbumArtText

mikael at froberg.net mikael at froberg.net
Wed Oct 18 19:02:29 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new to this mailing list, but not new to the MythTv project - I've
been using MythTv for a couple of years and like it a lot. Thanks.

The reason I started using MythTv was to be able to use the MythMusic
plugin (but I soon found out the potential of the TV stuff and ran out to
by a PVR-250 :) ). I especially liked the AlbumArt visualizer in MythMusic
that showed all my album images. Since I have spent a lot of time adding
review texts to all my album folders (using Tag&Rename), I started
thinking about a visualizer that showed both the album images and the
review texts. I ended up with a visualizer called AlbumArtText, based on
AlbumArt, which alternates between the album images and the content of
text files in the same folder. It has support for several pages of review
text, as well as wordwrapping.

Since I am quite new to the myth-dev mailing list, I am not sure if this
is the proper way to submit suggestions. But I will give it a go...

I have included a patch file (path_mythmusic_albumarttext) to be used for
mythplugins-0.20a.

tar mythplugins-0.20a.
cd mythplugins-0.20a
patch -p0 < ../patch_mythmusic_albumarttext
(install mythplugins according to the README file)

Change the visualizer db-setting in MythMusic (VisualMode) to
AlbumArtText. Start mythfrontend.

It would be interesting to hear your comments! I would not mind adapting
it to another trunk, if that is desirable.

Thanks,

Mikael