[mythtv] Questions about which components are meant for FE and BE

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Tue Nov 28 02:26:38 UTC 2006

> Yes, but if you ever want to change anything,
> such as what jobs are allowed to run on this
> machine, then you need to re-run mythtv-setup

True. I hadn't thought of that.

> Would you say the same thing about
> mythbackend requiring mythtv-setup

In some ways, yes. I guess it depends on what a dependence is.
Most users will need to have run mythtv-setup at some time
on a slave backend or job queue machine, but once that is done,
the machine can be headless, without even a working X.

In terms of packages, I would prefer
to err on the side of minimalism?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au| I've been talking to
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | the ship's computer.