[mythtv] Questions about which components are meant for FE and BE

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Nov 27 05:29:19 UTC 2006

* On Mon Nov 27, 2006 at 09:02:44AM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
> > Don't have any name suggestions, but wanted to comment on
> > dependencies.
> > mythjobqueue depends on mythtv-setup since you configure the
> > JobQueue via
> > mythtv-setup.
>
> Well, that is only a database dependency.
> You could use raw SQL statements to set it up.
> Once the queue is configured, you don't need
> mythtv-setup any more.

Yes, but if you ever want to change anything, such as what jobs are
allowed to run on this machine, then you need to re-run mythtv-setup,
unless we want to take a step backwards and start having the user
run SQL commands to change DB settings.  A user might also want to
modify the JobQueue time window which also needs to be done via
mythtv-setup.

Would you say the same thing about mythbackend requiring mythtv-setup
since you could use raw SQL commands to setup the DB and your capture
cards or that once you've got mythbackend up and running you don't
need mythtv-setup anymore?

--
Chris