[mythtv] HandleMedia for Internal Player

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Nov 11 15:30:06 UTC 2006

In working with my media support for MythNews, I'm trying to use the
Internal player to play back the downloaded media files from RSS
streams.  If I play back the file with "mythtv filename", it works fine
and I can view the video.  If I make a call like:

gContext->GetMainWindow()->HandleMedia("Internal", filename)

I get a black screen, the logs show that the player is opening a
ringbuffer for the file but nothing plays.  It seems this function is
how both MythDVD and MythVideo play files using Internal but it doesn't
seem to work for me.  Am I missing something?

Kevin