[mythtv] DVB recording failed on MGT

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Mon May 29 21:18:27 UTC 2006

I've been digging through a US DVB-T recording problem, and I could use
a hand from someone who understands DVB.

The symptom I've gotten is that occasionally it looks like a show is
recording, but no file ends up being created.
I've also had cases of recordings stopping in the middle, but mythtv
still thinking the show is being recorded.
I'm using SVN 10047, and I've opened trac ticket (#1872)

I've traced the "no file created" issue to DTVSignalMonitor::IsAllGood()
never returning true during the
recording startup processing.  The reason it never returns true is that
it's waiting for MGT data - matchingMGT.IsGood() is always false.
Beyond this I'm not sure what should be happening.

Is this normal?  I never had this problem in 9759, and it's happened a
dozen times so far since.

I appreciate the help,
Bill