[mythtv] Eit fixup for comhem

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu May 25 12:57:50 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 11:23 +0200, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> One thing i forgot to ask, what is the difference between
> kCaptioned and kSubtitled ?
Caption streams are for the deaf, they will have descriptions
like "[Phone Rings]", "[Man speaks gibberish]", etc.
Subtitles are intended to aid you if you don't understand
the language being spoken. So they don't describe noises,
and if for example you are using English subtitles and
someone in the program speaks English the subtitles might
stop while that person is speaking.

> What's the best way of forcing the backend to collect eit data on one
> specific transport? (comhem sends full eit on one transport only)
You can set the useonairguide column on the channel table to
zero, but I'm not sure if that's what you want. The plan for
the EIT scanner to automatically detect situations like yours
and spend most of the collection time on the guide channel.

> And i asume it's still possibel to remove the guide data from the program
> table to force it to be recollected and processd thru the fixup functions?
If I understand the question, yes this is sufficient with the code
in svn head. In the mythtv-eit branch you may need to truncate the
eit cache table as well.

-- Daniel