[mythtv] Transcode first/last frame problem [patch to v0.19]

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 16 11:50:43 UTC 2006

On 5/16/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> >>         In the UI, it says "Delete before this frame",
> >> which to my way of thinking _includes_ the current frame.
> >
> > in my thinking "Delete before this frame" does *not*  include the
> > current frame...
>         Hmmm. OK, includes was a bad word. Change to:
> "my thinking ... keeps the current frame"

Ok, I wonder if anyone interprets the wording to mean it includes the
current frame?
To me the 'before' modifier implies the current frame is kept. This
may be a needless discussion.

> > I don't care how it is, as long as whether the current frame is
> > included or not is clear to the user.
>         Agreed. We could add "(keeps this frame)" or
> "(deletes this frame) in the editing popup messages,
> but that would look rather ugly.

Does it currently delete the current frame as well? I never put a cut
point at frame 0, I just put a "delete before" marker as my first
point. It seems to work, though I've yet to check if it keeps the
first frame or not.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -