[mythtv] Transcode first/last frame problem [patch to v0.19]

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 16 03:47:58 UTC 2006

On 5/15/06, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > One of the problems with mythtranscode is that even when the cutlist
> > specifies that the first and last frames are to be cut out they appear
> > in the output.
>         It comes down to semantics.
>         In the UI, it says "Delete before this frame",
> which to my way of thinking _includes_ the current frame.

in my thinking "Delete before this frame" does *not*  include the
current frame...

>         In transcode and the DB, that data is called "cutlist",
> which usually means remove that frame.

cutlist could just mean, stuff to cut. no reference to relationships
to current frames.

>         I would prefer to keep it as is.

I don't care how it is, as long as whether the current frame is
included or not is clear to the user.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -