[mythtv] no visible text on menu displays

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 11 14:52:54 UTC 2006

On 05/11/2006 02:33 AM, scottc7l wrote:
> I was trying to install the latest svn on a new Fedora core 5 system.
> I noticed the menu has no visible text.  It is functional, I just cant
> see the selections. e/g Watch Tv ... Media Library etc
>
> This worked fine on the 019.fixes branch.
>
> Do I need something else?

Try:

mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

and

mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=opengl

Once you figure out which works for you, set it permanently in frontend
settings ("Appearance", "Theme").  Note that "qt" is the default for
current SVN.  There was a short time where "opengl" was the default.

And, make sure you read -dev and -commits if you're using SVN head...

Mike