[mythtv] I'm looking for a volunteer developer/sponsor

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Thu May 4 06:00:16 UTC 2006

At the bottom line, that's true - I've said so - I need someone to convert
my hardcoded stuff in xml's to a configuration screen in mythfrontend so
it can be dynamic and everyone can enjoy and beneffit from it.

Here are some of the stuff I've integrated into my mythtv:
1. Media Library -> Watch Movie Trailers
          I've added another menu that lists movies from
apple.com/trailersso that
          I can watch new trailers streaming all the time.
2. Media Library -> Listen to Radio
          I've added some links for Internet radio also streaming ofcourse.
3. Media Library -> Watch/Listen Podcasts
          Some idea again for streaming data only for podcasts.
3. Media Library -> USB-Key Media
          I've installed autofs/hotplug and made it so that every-time the
user
          enter this menu it automatically mounts the usb key and if it has
any
          images/movies on it you could watch it.
4. Information Center -> Contact Center
          I've installed gaim and preconfigured it to run with my account
settings,
          and autologin automatically, I also added an OSD plugin for it so
every-time
          I turn it on and watch a movie for example, if someone messages me
on
          ICQ or MSN I get his message with an OSD - really cool.
5. Home Security -> Turn Security Camera on/off
          I've installed a regular webcam and some drivers and software for
it and now
          everytime the camera is turned on I get notifications by email,
sms and I can
          browse to some location on this machine and see the images live...

All of those, and I have more ideas.
They're all hardcoded within the menu's xmls to 'EXEC xxx-software' and
scripts
to handle them.

I can go on and on about ideas I have but these are all that I've done so
far and
I already know how to make them all dynamic. That's where I need a coder
help,
to make mythtv better.

If anyone is up to making some config screens plugin let me know.

Sincerely,
Liran Tal.