[mythtv] Recording/scheduling thread dying?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue May 2 13:51:17 UTC 2006

Otto Kolsi wrote:

>> Are you all using MySQL 5?
>>

> No, MySQL 4 (version that comes with FC4). Recording has worked reliably
> for months when using different SVN version. This problem has started to
> appear just recently.
>
> Because most of the stuff works, you only notice this when recording
> does not actually get recorded. Full backend crash would be easier to
> detect and do the restart :)
>
> This thread death / starvation or what ever happens only every now and
> then. It hasn't occurred with latest SVN build, but that does not mean
> it's not there..

I think I'm having the same problem. I am running MySQL 4 as well, with
fairly recent SVN:

Library API version: 0.19.20060331-1
Source code version: 9824
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_lmsensors using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv
using_lirc using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_frontend using_backend

What happens to me is that usually around a program change, or when a
couple of programs start recording, the backend just goes away. It's
still running, and still recording, but the frontend cannot connect to
the backend. If I stop and start the daemon, it will pickup and start
recording again, and then the frontend can connect. What can I do to
help debug this?

Tom