[mythtv] MythTV & lirc

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 02:15:33 UTC 2006

I've had a problem now for a very long and recently it's been getting worse.
I've pulled out my hair trying to get down to the bottom of it with no
success.

Has anyone noticed that with MythTV, under certain conditions, button
presses are doubled? This is to weird I fail to understand what's going on.
Here's my test:

1. Run ircat to monitor button presses
2. In Myth's main menu, press up and down buttons - all fine. NO dupplicates
EVER
3. Enter a Myth plugin, press up/down - 90% of the time I get dups.

Now, I've tried using Myth's built-in lirc support as well as disabling that
and using strictly irxevent - both have the same effect. I've tried cutting
down my .lircrc file to bare minimum - same thing. I've revisited
lircd.confseveral times - never found anything. This problem happens
NOWHERE in any
other X apps I use but Myth.

Can anyone shed some light? Could Qt be doing something funky with X to
cause this?

- Mark.