[mythtv] xvideo problem

Mike Parkins mikeparkins at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 24 00:10:15 UTC 2006

For some reason, the latest CVS runs very badly on my laptop, a 3GHz Pentium
with a radeon M10 on fglrx drivers. I haven't bothered with xvideo support up
to now (actually I didn't know I hadn't enabled it before now but
mythfrontend gives a very informative message about that!).

With xv enabled, the result is a blank screen during playback, possibly
something to do with the fact that I am on an external monitor because the
laptop screen is broken, though I don't have any other problems because of
this. I tried mplayer too and got a blank window so it's not a full screen
thing.

CVS from a week ago ran ok without xv so I wonder what's happened here?
Any idea how I can steer the xv screen on to my monitor?
TIA,
mike.