[mythtv] Interesting Comparison

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Mar 3 14:25:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:44:16AM -0000, Green, Bob wrote:
>    Okay, its head above the parapet time! Guys, guys, what's going
>    on here? Isn't this how wars start? Whatever happened to reasoned
>    debate; to the freedom to express an opinion without being shot
>    down in flames. So, someone has a new tool that he thinks is
>    the dog's wotsits - how is that a Bad Thing(tm). Do none of you
>    programmers out there not remember what its like to write some code
>    that you think is great and you end up boring all your friends with
>    the details.

If the people in question *were* his friends, I believe he'd have
garnered a different response.

But he's popped his head up in a Democratic Issues forum, and started
advocating blowing up abortion clinics.  (Or, reverse the polarity of
that metaphor, if you prefer.)

His posting was calculated, by its tone and location, to be
provocative, and it was.

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Cheers,
-- jra

	A: No.
	Q: Should I include quotations after my message body?