[mythtv] "Delete all cards" acts on all backends when run from a slave.

Aaron Stewart aaron at firebright.com
Wed Jun 21 07:22:13 UTC 2006

Hey gang,

This message is a prelude to a bug report I'd like to file, but I wanted 
to get someone else to verify that this behavior exists before acting 
upon it.

On my setup, I have a master backend with two PVR250 cards and a slave 
with one PVR250.

When I went to remove the slave's card, I ran mythtv-setup, went into 
capture cards, saw that the one slave backend card was listed (and 
nothing else). I selected "Delete all capture cards" and approved the 

I then went into the frontend and selected "Watch TV" and it kicked me 
out immediately with this error (it's a red-herring.. see below):

 2006-06-21 00:09:40.814 TVRec(2): Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.819 TVRec(2) Error: Problem finding starting 
channel, setting to  default of '3'.
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.821 ChannelBase(2) Error:
                        Could not get inputs for the capturecard.
                        Perhaps you have forgotten to bind video
                        sources to your card's inputs?
2006-06-21 00:09:40.827 Channel(/dev/v4l/video0): CheckChannel failed. 
Please verify  channel "3" in the "mythtv-setup" Channel Editor.
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.827 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to 3.
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.832 TVRec(2) Error: Channel: '' was not found in 
the database.
                        Most likely, your DefaultTVChannel setting is wrong.
                        Could not start livetv.
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.832 TVRec(2) Error: CreateLiveTVRingBuffer() failed
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.832 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to create RingBuffer 2
 2006-06-21 00:09:40.833 TVRec(2): Changing from WatchingLiveTV to None

I restarted the master backend, and saw this:

 2006-06-21 00:10:14.284 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
 ERROR: no capture cards are defined in the database.
 Perhaps you should read the installation instructions?
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.304 mythbackend: No capture cards are defined
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.310 mythbackend version: 0.19.20060121-2 www.mythtv.org
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.311 Enabled verbose msgs:  important general
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.313 New DB connection, total: 3
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.315 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host:
 2006-06-21 00:10:14.334 AutoExpire: Found 0 recorders w/max rate of 0 

Both systems are running Gentoo 2006.0, kernel 2.6.16 and ivtv 0.6.2.

Just a guess, but it looks like a sql query is incorrectly configured to 
select all cards without a WHERE clause, and is deleting all cards, not 
just for the current system.

Cheers (and GREAT work by the way.. not enough people say that when they 
gripe about bugs, which exist in any software),
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: aaron.vcf
Type: text/x-vcard
Size: 289 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/attachments/20060621/cd132cdc/attachment.vcf 

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list