[mythtv] DVB-S patch

Yeasah Pell yeasah at schwide.com
Sat Jun 10 19:42:59 UTC 2006

I think my DVB-S/diseqc patch is ready for more general review and
testing. I assume I should open a ticket and submit the patch to it, but
I'm not sure exactly what to do about the database upgrade code.

Currently I just have two functions that are called every time the
database is checked for upgrading, and it conditionally upgrades based
on whether the new tables exist or not. The furst function is just a
series of table and column additions (which should be rolled into
dbcheck.cpp as normal), and the other is a much more complicated
function that imports the old flat diseqc configuration into the new
tree tables. (which should be called as part of the normal upgrade process)

I can leave the patch as is for now if that's fine, but eventually a new
DB version will need to be assigned, and the table-add function queries
broken out into the normal method used in dbcheck.cpp, and the import
function called from there as well.

I don't want to just jack the next DB version number, since there's
potential for conflicts (since it may be some time before the patch is
applied to trunk if there are problems with it), and then people who
tested the patch would have an invalid database.

What's the procedure here?

Thanks,

Yeasah