[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] Ticket #1499: Myth fails to detect DVD insertion
Michael T. Dean
mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 10 17:19:16 UTC 2006
On 06/08/2006 09:54 PM, MythTV wrote:
> #1499: Myth fails to detect DVD insertion
>
> Changes (by devel at mrwire.co.uk):
>
> * resolution: invalid =>
> * status: closed => reopened
>
> Comment:
>
> I've also had this problem and written a (rejected) patch for the case
> insensitivity. I'm using Ubuntu 6.06 which also uses the new hal/submount
> methods which mount dvd's as iso9660. The only way to get them as udf is
> to change the fstab entry to force udf which of course breaks every other
> optical disk...
> I think this is going to become a major problem as more distros start
> using this method, but unfortunately the Myth developers do not appear to
> be open to discussion on the matter. This is their reasoning:
> "> Could you explain for me why dvd's must be mounted as udf and why it is
> > a problem if not?
> >
>
> DVD specification... I would say (although it's never really been
> explicitly said) Myth doesn't want to encourage users to configure their
> systems improperly because the consequences of the improper
> configuration would then be partially Myth's fault."
For the record, that isn't the reasoning of the Myth developers. That's
my guess at the reasoning of the Myth developers (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/206265#206265 ). I am
not a Myth developer, so my guesses/opinions/statements/etc. should be
taken with a grain of salt (or ignored outright).
Mike
The views expressed above are not necessarily those of this list or the
Myth developers... ;)
More information about the mythtv-dev
mailing list