[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Lucas Meijer lucas at mach8.nl
Tue Jun 6 21:56:43 UTC 2006

Justin M. Hunt wrote:
> Please post any feedback you have on these proposed removals, or any other ideas for the configuration revamp.

Hey Justin,

Without trying to push more workload on you :-), it would be great if
the settings were stored in such a way that it would be relativly easy
to make a textbased configuration program that can also modify the
settings.. (storing settingname, possible values, min/max, database
entry, expert level etc somewhere other than hardcoded)..  I don't know
if the settings for the mythtv-setup program are also on your radar, but
I've always found it a bit annoying that I need to use X for this.

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this opinion or not, but it might be
something to keep in mind as a future option when revamping a new setup
for the configuration of myth.

Bye, Lucas