[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 3 14:18:12 UTC 2006

On 06/03/2006 07:33 AM, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:

>>> Ditto. I want to decide if/where I have bookmarks.
>>>
>> The oft-proposed (although still not yet coded) patch to
>> allow multiple
>> (possibly named) bookmarks (possibly with previews) would remove the
>> need for these settings.
> How?
> Even if i have multiple bookmarks i still don't want them removed.
> If i've set a bookmark (or two) i've done so for a reason.

Exactly...  And I think everyone will agree that there's no reason to
remove bookmarks--unless done so explicitly--once we have the ability to
set multiple bookmarks and give them names.  After all, which would you
remove?  So, no need for "Clear Saved Position on playback".

As far as "Alternate Clear Saved Position" goes, it makes absolutely no
sense at all once you have multiple.  Again, which one would be
removed?  (The closest one?  The one you last set? ...)  Multiple
bookmarks with names requires a new UI for explicitly removing/editing
bookmarks (possibly part of the existing edit functionality, which would
go well with the new markup changes Greg is working on).

Mike