[mythtv] Running a plugin in the background

liran tal liransgarage at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:11:59 UTC 2006

I didn't really understand that...
What I tried is simply to fork() the plugin but that doesn't work quiet
well.

My purpose is that when the plugin is executed it'll fork/run in the
background and then bring the user back
to the menu to browse/watch a video/whatever just like if I'd have a
directive like <action>EXEC something & </action>
in the menus' xml to run a program in the background.

Could you be a bit more specific?