[mythtv] Motorola DCT channel changes...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:34:36 UTC 2006

I talked to a fellow that wrote windows software for interacting with the
Motorola DCT via firewire. I asked him what his method is for changing
channels to see if its any different than what 6200ch.c and mythtv are
doing, here's his response:

"Sorry for the delay replying, I haven't done much with firewire are a
couple of months due to being busy at work. I did see similar issues, what
seemed to fix the problem was this
1. I use a delay of 50ms between sending digits
2. When I do the 50ms delay, I time the actual delay (using
QueryPerformanceCounter). If the actual delay taken is > 500ms, then I
resend all whole channel again.
3. I also send each digit twice, once with the down button command and once
with the up button command. Each command has a 50ms delay delay
4. I also send the enter button after sending the channel digits and dont
send leading zeros e.g. channel 10 would be 0x21, 0xa1, 0x20, 0xa0, 0x0d,
0x8d as the values in the command"

I'm going to see if I can modify 6200ch.c myself, but don't know how far
I'll make it. If any programmers here can help in anyway please chime in.

thanks!

--
Steve