[mythtv] Mythjobqueue (including commflag) packaged for MacOS X

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jan 30 03:16:57 UTC 2006

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

>>> 	The latest SVN version tries to do this
>>> (if you use --enable-backend and --enable-jobtools)
>>
>> Now that they're packaged together, what will it take for them to be
>> used that way?  It seems as though the code used to find programs like
>> commflag and transcode from the backend is completely unsuited to
>> locating these executables.
>>
>> I'd like to fix it, but I need some information.  Do Mac executables
>> have some ability to report their own locations?  Or if I invoke
>> mythcommflag without directory qualification from inside mythbackend,
>> will it be found by virtue of the fact that it's in the same directory
>> (or package)?
>
> Well, I've got the backend finding those bundled executables, but now
> when those executables run, they can't find any of the libraries
> needed.  dyld bars at me with "image not found."  I'm working on
> what's needed to make this right, but I sure would appreciate any
> clues people have.  I guess it's something missing in one of those
> plists we write into the bundle...?

OK, I see what the problem is.  The paths to library dependencies that
are embedded in the auxilliary executables never get adjusted with
install_name_tool.  I'd try to fix that myself, but that business with
the dephash in osx-packager.pl makes my head spin and last time I
tried to hack packaging in that script I wasted several days to no
avail.  If the author of osx-packager.pl would care to take a stab at
it, I'd appreciate it lots.

Thanks,
Dave

--