[mythtv] Mythjobqueue (including commflag) packaged for MacOS X

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jan 30 02:47:42 UTC 2006

David Abrahams <dave at boost-consulting.com> writes:

> Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> writes:
>
>>> That all being said, I'd like to see 4 .apps packaged for mac by the
>>> packager script:
>>>
>>> 1)Frontend
>>> 2)backend --including jobqueue, commflag, and transcode all in the
>>> .app bundle
>>> 3)Jobqueue  --including commflag and transcode so that we can run
>>> jobqueue without the backend
>>> 4)Commflag --sometimes we just need to commflag
>>
>> 	The latest SVN version tries to do this
>> (if you use --enable-backend and --enable-jobtools)
>
> Now that they're packaged together, what will it take for them to be
> used that way?  It seems as though the code used to find programs like
> commflag and transcode from the backend is completely unsuited to
> locating these executables.
>
> I'd like to fix it, but I need some information.  Do Mac executables
> have some ability to report their own locations?  Or if I invoke
> mythcommflag without directory qualification from inside mythbackend,
> will it be found by virtue of the fact that it's in the same directory
> (or package)?

Well, I've got the backend finding those bundled executables, but now
when those executables run, they can't find any of the libraries
needed.  dyld bars at me with "image not found."  I'm working on
what's needed to make this right, but I sure would appreciate any
clues people have.  I guess it's something missing in one of those
plists we write into the bundle...?

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams