[mythtv] If you don't match on PMT....Re-Tune - Possible?

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Fri Jan 20 22:31:59 UTC 2006

Can you send out a patch showing your loop?

Thanks, Mark.

-----Original Message-----
From: mdrobnak at optonline.net [mailto:mdrobnak at optonline.net] 
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:58 PM
To: mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv] If you don't match on PMT....Re-Tune - Possible?

Hi everyone. I'm a user of Dish Network's legacy switches....that uses the
13/18V pulsing to send bits...Unfortunately, it's not always reliable. So
what I've done so far is put the tuning code in a loop, looking for a status
of 0x1f from the DVB card. This ensures a successful lock. So far so good.
That's not where I'm having my problem now.

About 70% of the time, I lock on to the right channel. The other 30%, I end
up on *a* channel, but on the wrong satellite. Is there a way from the
signal monitor to call a re-tune if we get to the PMTs and our desired PMT
is not in the PAT? If I can get this to work, I should be able to have 100%
reliable tuning.

mythtv-dev mailing list
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org


Please Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering
this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, distribution, copying or other dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in
error, please immediately reply to the sender, delete the message and
destroy all copies of it.

Thank You

More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list