[mythtv] If you don't match on PMT....Re-Tune - Possible?

mdrobnak@optonline.net mdrobnak at optonline.net
Fri Jan 20 21:57:48 UTC 2006

Hi everyone. I'm a user of Dish Network's legacy switches....that uses the 13/18V pulsing to send bits...Unfortunately, it's not always reliable. So what I've done so far is put the tuning code in a loop, looking for a status of 0x1f from the DVB card. This ensures a successful lock. So far so good. That's not where I'm having my problem now.

About 70% of the time, I lock on to the right channel. The other 30%, I end up on *a* channel, but on the wrong satellite. Is there a way from the signal monitor to call a re-tune if we get to the PMTs and our desired PMT is not in the PAT? If I can get this to work, I should be able to have 100% reliable tuning.


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list