[mythtv] mythtv-0.18.1-showacpitemperature.patch - show ACPI temp in MythWeb-backendstatus

Ramon Redondo malinon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:47:59 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Christian Höhle <Christian at familiehoehle.de> wrote:
> Robert Zwerus schrieb:
> > ... I created a
> > small addition, to show the ACPI CPU temperature
> > ("/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature") under 'Machine information'.
> >
> Cool, but thermal_zone is empty for me, too :-( What about using values
> from lm_sensors? Should be easy to read either and is able to provide
> much more info on most systems (different thermal zones, fan speed,
> voltages...)

Just a vote that if you DO move to lm_sensors, you would also keep the
acpi version in the code, for those of us that don't want to install
lm_sensors.

lm_sensors was giving my machine fits... I think it's default trip
points were set too low or something and my machine would randomly
shut down when the temperature rose too high.  I know it could be
fixed, but I didn't want to spend the time for little benefit.