[mythtv] XvMC studdering

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 15 15:54:24 UTC 2006

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I'm working on testing some XvMC support for my GeForce MX 440 card in
> anticipation of trying HD recording and playback and I've built my
> master backend frontend with XvMC and OpenGL Vsync now and I'm trying to
> playback some MPEG-2 content which normally plays back just fine on this
> system without XvMC but I'm getting very studdery playback.

Just an update.  I updated to the latest SVN and the segfault is gone
and I get solid XvMC playback with or without OpenGL Vsync.  Thanks for
bearing with me.  I wonder if I was hitting that XvMC segfault that
Daniel fixed.  Either way it works.  Now I need to wrestle with whether
or not to pick up an Avermedia HDTV tuner to pull the QAM stations off
my cable provider.  So tempting with the "big football game coming" :)

Kevin