[mythtv] qam scanning and myth svn not picking up 0x1ffb pid

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Fri Jan 13 21:32:30 UTC 2006

Michael Freeman wrote:
> i recently noticed that comcast in my area is sending a seemingly
> standard-compliant PID on the physical channels that carried local
> digital stations.
> pid 0x1ffb is defined in a couple of spec documents as the pid carrying
> the info about the channels in the mpeg2 transport stream...yet myth has
> no idea it happens to exist.
> can anyone advise me on how to turn on some debugging for this? i'd
> really like to try and make myth get the info out of here.

How did you 'notice' that Comcast was doing this?  Did a scan with
tzap/azap or some like other tool? Id like to test to see if my cable co
(brighthouse in tampa, fl) is doing this, as Ive had some difficulty
getting all my local HD channels comming in over cable working with the
HD3000. Ive been getting alot of PID not set msgs scrolling in the logs
and want to fig this out (running SVN 8586)

Tom