[mythtv] mythmusic feature request: browse by album

Rickard Borgmäster doktorn at sub.nu
Fri Jan 13 20:44:28 UTC 2006

Ben Suffolk wrote:

>>One thing I've been missing in mythmusic is the ability to browse by
>>albums. Using the browser "Artists (A B C D E)" etc.. makes it a bit
>>difficult to find what you want when you're about to play a
>>compilation
>>album. If it was possible to browse by albums aswell as artist, music
>>selection would be more convenient.
>>

> You can do this instead of by artist. Go into the setup -> media
> settings -> music settings -> general settings and you will see a
> field called tree sorting, make album the first in the list and then
> you will be able to select by album. (Maybe you knew that since you
> used the word aswell in your original post)

No, this is not what I want to do. I do not *always* wan't to select an
album to begin with. Changing this in setup as you describes means that
I always have to choose the album to begin with.

 > What would be really nice would be to have it iPod style so instead
 > of selecting just one list for tree sorting you could have something
 > along the lines of :-

Never used one of those, but I think you are getting my point :-)

 > All Music
 >   +Album-Artist-tracks
 >   +Artist-Album-tracks
 >   +Genre-Artist-Album-tracks
 >   etc

This is exactly what I want! Sometimes I feel like listening to
Metallica, sometimes I like to listen to Jackie Brown Soundtrack which I
don't even know the artists names for any song on the album (hence the
need to select album at 1st level). And sometimes, I'd like just a
random selection of pop music.

Best Regards,
Rickard Borgmäster