[mythtv] "SOP: SERVICE 173" on qam cable...what is it? can myth use it?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 04:43:45 UTC 2006

I was scanning around my comcast feed with my pchdtv 3000 when i locked onto
something interesting...channel 93 had a ton of PIDs between 0x1000 and
0x1ffb (but no 0x1ffb entry).  Cracking this file open in a hex editor
reveals a lot of things called "SOP: SERVICE" followed by what look
suspiciously like digital channel numbers (for instance, 173 is ESPN HD
here...and I saw a "SOP: SERVICE 173" packet in the file.

Anyone know what this means and if myth can be hacked to make use of it?