[mythtv] OSX backend beta test

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jan 9 15:14:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 09:56 -0500, David Abrahams wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> writes:
> *that's* the sort of answer I'm looking for.  So does it matter that
> Close() doesn't do anything and all the real action happens in the
> Channel's destructor?
In practice I assume it does not make a difference, but it may break
with any change in TVRec that assumes that calling close actually closes
the channel class' handle[s].

> Ouch.  So my refactoring, which is pulling lots of common source out
> of firewirerecorder/firewirechannel into
> firewirerecorderbase/firewirechannelbase so that
> darwinfirewirerecorder/darwinfirewirechannel can use it too, can't be
> tested?
It can be tested, as there are people on the dev list that do use the
firewirerecorder, but they are not (active?) developers. So you may need
to participate in a rather painful
  change -> e-mail to tester -> interpret logs -> change loop

-- Daniel