[mythtv] Any chance of committing #1308?

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Fri Feb 17 18:11:14 UTC 2006

Quoting "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:

> On 02/17/2006 12:23 PM, Derek Battams wrote:
>> Just wondering if #1308 will be committed to svn or looking for
>> feedback on it.  If it's not going to be accepted then I'd like to
>> downgrade my db schema before a schema 1125 is committed to svn.  I've
>> been running that patch for a few days and have verified the
>> functionality as working.
> Just a tip for the future...
> The more patient you are with your patches, the more likely they will be
> committed.  As you posted the patch only 15 hours ago and there are
> currently 132 open tickets in Trac, the devs haven't had much time to
> look at it, let alone test it out, smooth out the rough edges, and
> decide whether it belongs in the main trunk.
> I would say that if you were able to create the patch in the first
> place, you should be able to handle changes to Myth that happen between
> now and when the patch is finally committed/closed.  So, please remember
> that there are enough people pushing the devs to look at their
> patches/tickets first (many of which are invalid tickets)--especially
> when you consider all the developers are donating their time to this
> project.
> So, IMHO, the best approach would be to watch for DB schema updates,
> and, if necessary, downgrade your DBSchemaVer so the update will succeed
> and/or modify the DB update if it would fail with your changes, and run
> with an unofficial change in your own tree.  Eventually, you'll get the
> answer you seek, but even if the change isn't accepted, you could
> continue to run with your modified version--just without the DB schema
> changes in dbcheck.cpp.
> HTH.
> Mike

Point taken.



More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list