[mythtv] Any chance of committing #1308?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 17 17:54:09 UTC 2006

On 02/17/2006 12:23 PM, Derek Battams wrote:
> Just wondering if #1308 will be committed to svn or looking for 
> feedback on it.  If it's not going to be accepted then I'd like to 
> downgrade my db schema before a schema 1125 is committed to svn.  I've 
> been running that patch for a few days and have verified the 
> functionality as working.
Just a tip for the future...

The more patient you are with your patches, the more likely they will be 
committed.  As you posted the patch only 15 hours ago and there are 
currently 132 open tickets in Trac, the devs haven't had much time to 
look at it, let alone test it out, smooth out the rough edges, and 
decide whether it belongs in the main trunk.

I would say that if you were able to create the patch in the first 
place, you should be able to handle changes to Myth that happen between 
now and when the patch is finally committed/closed.  So, please remember 
that there are enough people pushing the devs to look at their 
patches/tickets first (many of which are invalid tickets)--especially 
when you consider all the developers are donating their time to this 

So, IMHO, the best approach would be to watch for DB schema updates, 
and, if necessary, downgrade your DBSchemaVer so the update will succeed 
and/or modify the DB update if it would fail with your changes, and run 
with an unofficial change in your own tree.  Eventually, you'll get the 
answer you seek, but even if the change isn't accepted, you could 
continue to run with your modified version--just without the DB schema 
changes in dbcheck.cpp.



More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list