[mythtv] 8902 HD transcode => MPEG4 --> a/v out of sync

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri Feb 10 02:15:00 UTC 2006

On 2/9/06, Jesse Crews wrote:
> Oops, something got mixed up in my mind after reading transcode.cpp. :)
> It's mpeg2->mpeg4. mpeg2fix is not actually being created here.
Well, at ths point, I can't really help you much.  While I did a lot
of work on the original MPEG4 transcoder, that was several years ago,
and I really haven't looked at it since.  I no longer can use MPEG4,
and only have the bandwidth to help with MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding
(i.e. mpeg2fix).  The logs you sent me aren't very useful (I guess we
never had the need for the kind of issues we run into in mpeg2fix, so
the logging isn't as robust).  I guess your best bet would be to just
file a ticket and keep the problematic mpeg stream around for testing.
You could try running it trough 'mythtranscode --mpeg' first, which
might clean up any problems in the stream, and then transcode to
MPEG4, but that is more of a possible work-around than a solution.

.Geoff