[mythtv] Duplicate check error, not yet broadcasted shows marked as already recorded

Rickard Borgmäster doktorn at sub.nu
Wed Feb 8 12:41:36 UTC 2006

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Notice near the bottom of this screenshot "Program ID: EP1922". Unless
> there have never been as many as 2000 different TV program episodes
> in the history of your country, this is not enough digits to uniquely
> identify a specific show. This programid is not from zap2it which would
> have "EP" six characters for the series and four digits for an episode.

Obviously I don't use an american EPG feed, as I live on a totally
different continent ;-) But are you saying this is a problem with the
grabber? That EP1922 is likely to conflict if EP1922 of any other
program on some other channel would be broadcasted?

> If there was any show from any series with "EP1922" in oldrecorded, it
> may match as a dup. However, based on your saying that all episodes are
> marked as previously recorded, my guess would be that likely all episodes
> of "Floor Filler" are also marked "EP1922" or something like that.

Well, what do you know. Went digging in the SQL and saw: (excuse the width)

mysql> select starttime, title, subtitle, category, category_type,
airdate, seriesid, showtype, syndicatedepisodenumber, programid from
program where title="Floor Filler";
| starttime           | title        | subtitle         | category |
category_type | airdate | seriesid | showtype | syndicatedepisodenumber
| programid |
| 2006-02-05 10:30:00 | Floor Filler | Del 4 säsong 2  | Reality  |
series        |    2006 | 1922     |          | E4S2
| EP1922    |
| 2006-02-11 09:30:00 | Floor Filler | Del 5 säsong 2  | Reality  |
series        |    2006 | 1922     |          | E5S2
| EP1922    |
| 2006-02-07 11:30:00 | Floor Filler | Del 6 säsong 2  | Reality  |
series        |    2006 | 1922     |          | E6S2
| EP1922    |
| 2006-02-07 19:00:00 | Floor Filler | Del 7 säsong 2  | Reality  |
series        |    2006 | 1922     |          | E7S2
| EP1922    |
| 2006-02-10 11:30:00 | Floor Filler | Del 9 säsong 2  | Reality  |
series        |    2006 | 1922     |          | E9S2
| EP1922    |

And if we narrow it down further for readability:

mysql> select subtitle, seriesid, syndicatedepisodenumber, programid
from program where title="Floor Filler";
+------------------+----------+-------------------------+-----------+
| subtitle         | seriesid | syndicatedepisodenumber | programid |
+------------------+----------+-------------------------+-----------+
| Del 4 säsong 2  | 1922     | E4S2                    | EP1922    |
| Del 5 säsong 2  | 1922     | E5S2                    | EP1922    |
| Del 6 säsong 2  | 1922     | E6S2                    | EP1922    |
| Del 7 säsong 2  | 1922     | E7S2                    | EP1922    |
| Del 9 säsong 2  | 1922     | E9S2                    | EP1922    |

If I understand you correctly, the field "programid" is used for
duplicate checking, but is never incremented. While it seems that the
field "syndicatedepisodenumber" is incremented, but maybe that isn't used.

If I do:
mysql> update program set programid="" where programid="EP1922";

This will fix the recording schedules. Episodes are identified correctly.

What is the "seriesid" column for?

> "Original Airdate" is a year rather than a date so that's wrong and
> "Type: (1922)" is obviously wrong.

Is this it? ^

>> somewhere or is it maybe faulty EPG data?
>
> Yep.

So suspect this is a problem with either the grabber or the feed then?

Thanks for helping me track this down. Now I'll just have to find out
who to report this to.

Best regards
Rickard Borgmäster