[mythtv] Deb builds from SVN?

Robert LeBlanc robert at leblancnet.us
Wed Feb 1 17:27:51 UTC 2006

Alioth is kind of like the stepping stone to getting a package into the
Debian mainstream. You can do without having space on alioth, but it
offers great advantages if you do. I'm sure Matt is getting tired of
answering questions regarding MythTv. I contacted him a few days after
he moved his apt source. A week or so later he put up a disclaimer on
his http deb site saying that he would not maintain it any longer. I
would love to work on the package, but I really need to graduate college
this semester so I can get on with the rest of my life, otherwise I
would put more energy into it. The best course of action in my eyes is
to get a hold of the PowerPC guy and get the space shared with them on
alioth. We could have PowerPC, amd64 and i386 packages all in the same
space, we could coordinate on the Debian makefiles and hopefully fulfill
all the Debian requirements to get it mainstream. With the push to get
mplayer in mainstream, MythTv will be an even better addition. Other
things that would be good to work on is install scripts much like
KnoppMyth has. There is a lot that can be done!