[mythtv] ffmpeg SWSCALE!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 17:02:54 UTC 2006

In talking with Bryan Mayland about his experiements with software
scaling, he led me to the news that ffmpeg has implemented swscale in
ffmpeg that should allow for MythTV to easily adopt scaling.

Now, I'm no developer, nor do I have the minimum skills required to
implement this, but since it seems fairly easy enough for someone that
knows what they are doing, I'm posting some information I've found
that hopefully someone with interest can use to implement this.

This would be great for those that wish to scale DVD's and SD
recordings to 720p/1080p for use on HDTV's.

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-August/013445.html

I'm also adding it to the feature wishlist wiki page.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!